Friday, May 22, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 62: Kenpo X

This feels like the early days of P90X: major pain in the legs and butt following a day of Legs and Back. Either I'm really Bringing It, or I'm dearly paying the price for skipping out on the recovery drink yesterday. My legs and back were really stiff this morning, and the Kenpo warmup didn't seem to do much to stretch things out.

The workout wasn't great today. I was somewhat of a clock watcher, which is really unusual, because I don't recall ever looking at the clock in anticipation of the workout ending. I resigned myself to the fact that this day would be a "do your best and forget the rest" day. I tried to increase my intensity and focus the best I could. I ended up working up a good sweat, and perhaps I did reasonably overall, but I definitely felt this was one of my weaker experiences with Kenpo.

Following the workout, I rode my bike to the office, and felt great. Again, perhaps I need to eat a bit more for some extra energy.

Favourite move today: high sword, low hammer. I realized that this is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It's just a disguised lunge. I took my lunges really deep.

End of week 9. The start of week 10 will be tough. On days 1 and 2, I have commitments which may interfere with the timing of my workouts. I'll try to get the workouts in really early, prior to my other commitments. We'll see how it goes.

Toughest move today: side kicks, left leg. My leg just wasn't cooperative today, and I had difficulty getting my customary height out of my kicks.

Tony line of the day: "Be good to your body, and your body will be good to you."

No comments: