Tuesday, May 19, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 58: Plyometrics

Yesterday was Victoria Day in Canada, and I didn't have time to get to the computer for a post of the day's P90X stories, so I'm posting here today.

It's hard to get up at 6:00AM to do Plyometrics; it's harder to get motivated to do Plyo when you have the opportunity to sleep in. It's so easy to stay in bed, all warm and comfy, especially when faced with the Plyometrics workout; however, if you're going to Bring It, you have to actually get up, lace up your shoes, and get started. My son was up around the time I started the workout, and having him watch me sweat and grunt gave me a little extra impetus to do as well as I could. It's a little more motivating when you have an audience. He didn't stay for the entire workout, choosing video games over spectator, after awhile. No matter. By the time he left, I had developed a positive attitude and was able to charge through the video. In fact, it seemed to end pretty quickly.

Although I've done Plyo many times now (17, actually) I still find it to be a tough workout. Once I was able to conquer the time issue and didn't have to press pause, there were still more challenges: can you jump higher? Can you land like a cat? Can you keep up with doubles in Mary Katherine lunges? Can you...(your weakness goes here)

Overall, a good workout and, I'd have to say, this is one of my favourites.

Favourite move today: jump knee tuck. I actually felt strong during this exercise, even when repeated.

Toughest move today: 2nd round of squat jacks. I was really low in my squat, and going slowly really caused a burn.

Tony line of the day: "This is what puts the X into P90X." (intro)

No comments: