Tuesday, May 19, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 59: Shoulders and Arms

I really enjoy the workout schedule this week. I find the Chest and Back / Shoulders and Arms workouts to be more enjoyable than the Phase 2 substitutes. I'm not sure whether it's because these are less challenging, or that they give me more satisfying results. I suppose that it's natural that people will gravitate to the workouts that they find easier and tend to dislike those that they find harder. Human nature.

Like Chest and Back earlier this week, I was able to push up the numbers and/or the resistance level on many exercises today, and was pretty much able to match those numbers during the repeat exercises. I had a certain intensity during the repeat exercises; after all, this is Phase 3, and there's not much opportunity to revisit these workouts again (I'm planning to do P90X+ for the next Round, so I won't see these workouts again for some time). I don't want to leave these workouts feeling that I could have done more, so I was motivated to leave it all out on the floor today.

The workout went well and I collapsed at the end after the last round of side-tri-rises, unable to do more. That felt really good. Even the cool-down was tough. I found it hard to raise my hands over my head to stretch out my shoulders. Then I knew it had been a good workout.

Favourite move today: side-tri-rises. 30 each side, both times.

Toughest move today: Lying-down tricep extensions. This would be an easier move for me if it came earlier in the workout, but as it comes near the end, my triceps are pretty toasty by the time I get to them. I squeeze out a bunch during the first round, then barely try to keep up during the 2nd. Triceps on fire, here.

Tony line of the day: "We all want to be Daniel Haases." (warmup)

Later: Ab Ripper X

No comments: