Sunday, March 29, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 8: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

Chest and Back
It was a great day for Chest and Back. I was able to repeat the pull-up exercises of last week, all with the black resistance band and increased the number of pushups. In total, I did 207 pushups, a huge increase over Round 1, week 1 (a total of 132). My goal is to increase the number of exercises during the repetition. I'd like the numbers during the repeats to match the numbers the first time through the exercises, without having to decrease the numbers during the first round. I am trying to pace myself, but don't want to dog it starting off. There's room for improvement in the decline pushups, diamonds and dive-bombers. Also, I did lawnmowers using the black band for the repeat round. I find there's a big difference in resistance between the blue and black bands. The last three reps with the black bands were tough.

Favourite move today: wide-fly pushups. I made a note to myself last week to do more, as my mind quit before my body did. Today I improved on both rounds.

Most difficult move: Dive-bomber push-ups. This move puts a bit of a strain on my right hip flexor, so I can't do too many of them without experiencing some pain. That number is creeping up a bit, but there's definitely room for improvement. The last pushup in both rounds showed some shaky form.

Ab Ripper X 
Although I felt great during Chest and Back, I felt that my body really lacked energy today. I was not looking forward to ARX. This is not a great state of mind to take into a workout. As a result of my poor attitude, the first four exercises were not great. During Fifer Scissors, I found my second wind and put a solid effort into the back end of the workout. I'm going to pay more attention to my diet, as I didn't eat enough today and my body crashed a bit as a result. It's important to keep eating all those small meals throughout the day. I was out for much of the day today and should have brought some snacks. Note to self: make sure to eat every 3 hours or so.

Favourite move today: Fifer Scissors. Legs are straightening out, heels are really close to the floor, worked hard to pull my leg up as high as possible.

Most difficult move: crunchy frog. Had balance issues, difficulty keeping my chest up and on a couple of occasions, my feet scraped the mat. Improve that form!

Looking forward to Plyo tomorrow.

No comments: