Monday, March 30, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 9: Plyometrics

I do my workouts early in the morning, around 6:00 or 6:15AM. Today, I wasn't particularly in the mood to wake up, but rolled out of bed, forced my eyes open and psyched up for Plyo. By the time I was doing the deep lunges during the warmup, I was ready to go.

Last week, Plyo was a bit difficult (there's an understatement!) and I recalled that I should bring some added intensity to the exercises today, so I was mentally prepared to Bring It. I really like the design of this workout: the exercises seem to build in intensity. The first round of exercises went by pretty quickly; it was uphill from there.

I was able to do the entire workout without pausing the disc, something I was not able to do last week. Now that I'm back to where I was in Round 1, I really want to focus on form, getting more air on my jumps, and the tip of the day, "think like a cat". Landing quietly takes more energy. I was able to land more quietly than before on some of the moves (run stance squat switches) but on others, like jump-knee tuck or rockstar hops, forget it. The whole room is rocking on those. Obviously, there's still work to be done; however, small steps will get me there.

Favourite move today: double airborne Heisman. High knees, hold the pose, good form.
Hardest move today: 2nd round of rockstar hops. Peter Townsend I ain't. Or, I should say, "I currently struggle with..."
Favourite Tony line today: "What's up, towelboy?", said to Domenic as he toweled off near the end of the warm-up.

No comments: