Wednesday, April 1, 2009

p90X Round 2, Day 11: Yoga X

I'll admit it: I really enjoy yoga. I've been looking forward to stretching out all week. It's the perfect mid-week break from the lifting and pushing. I like the way Tony instructs how to move your body and I find the music really soothing. When the workout is over, I can't believe that the 92 minutes has gone so quickly.

I tried something different today: wearing shorts instead of sweatpants. I wore shorts the first time I did Yoga (way back in Round 1) but found that when I did (or attempted) Crane, my sweaty arms would slip off my sweaty legs. Solution: sweatpants. That worked throughout the winter, but now, with Spring in the air (and thoughts of young men and women turn to love - but I digress), I felt a wardrobe change was in order. Hence, the return of the shorts.

The exercises went really well today. I felt strong and could strike a really low pose in Warrior 1 and Warrior 2. For the first time ever, I was able to do two moves that had been eluding me: right angle pose with hand grab (right foot forward) and I was able to get my feet to touch the floor in plough position. Major victory, and it only took 18 attempts before reaching success. I did slip out of my pose in Crane (hello, sweat!) but solved the problem by putting a towel over my legs to prevent skin t0 skin contact between my arms and legs. Success!

Favourite move today: right angle pose / plough to shoulder stand. The first time ever!

Hardest move today: twisting half-moon, on left leg, or I should say, extremely wobbly left leg.

Tony line of the day: "I know the kids are excited...and I know you are too." (intro to Yoga Belly 7)


No comments: