Tuesday, March 31, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 10: Shoulders and Arms

First off, apologies to everyone who works out early. When I said that I work out early, that meant that I'm at it by 6:15 or 6:30AM. Having visited the P90X Facebook site, I find myself humbled by those who REALLY work out early: at 4:30AM. I'm starting to feel like a slacker.

Shoulders and Arms was terrific today. I decided to make the workout more difficult by changing resistance bands for every exercise. Repetitions decreased, although sometimes by only 1 or 2, and I really felt challenged on the last 3 reps of each exercise. Now, I'll challenge myself next time around to increase the reps using the stiffer bands.

Favourite moves today: chair dips (25 each time, using 2 chairs, but no leg raise); side-tri-rises (25 each side, both times).

Hardest move today: Flip-Grip Twist Tricep Kickbacks. I find it difficult to maintain form on this exercise, keeping the elbows in one location and really isolating the triceps. It's also a particularly difficult move using bands, I find. The tension on the band when my arms are outstretched is significant and it's hard to maintain a few seconds of isometric hold at maximum extension.

Favourite Tony line: (during Lying-down Tricep Extensions) Tip of the Day: Don't smash your face!

Later: Ab Ripper X

No comments: