Sunday, March 22, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 1: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

It's been a few weeks since I've done these workouts, but overall they went pretty well. I felt energetic during Chest & Back and burned through the first half; I should have listened to the Tip of the Day (pace yourself) because I felt drained during the repeats. I had to pause the disc several times during the repeats to catch my breath and focus on the next exercise.

I gave up a bit near the end of the 2nd round of wide fly push-ups. I made a note on the sheet to work harder next time.

Hardest exercise: decline push-ups (15, then 10).
Most satisfying: diamond push-ups.

Ab Ripper X
I did ARX later in the day, when I had recovered a bit from Chest & Back. Again, like this morning, the exercises were tough after having been off them for a few weeks. I managed to get through everything, except for the bonus round of Mason Twists. I hope to correct that deficiency within a few days.

Hardest exercise: backward bicycles (even with hands on the ground). I can feel my right hip flexor and right knee complaining a bit on this one. Also, there's a mental block for me on this: I think Tony blows the count and I end up doing around 31 reps instead of 25 (note that the clock for backwards bicycles is longer than forward bicycles). I try to forget the count and stop thinking during this exercise.

I'm getting pumped for Plyo tomorrow.

No comments: