Wednesday, March 25, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 4: Yoga X

The P90X program design is really well thought-out, with Yoga placed strategically in the middle of the workout week. I like having a chance to stretch out the muscles that have been working so hard for days 1-3 and changing my approach and focus for a day. I have really been enjoying the Yoga workout, despite its 1h52m running time.

I sweat profusely during this workout, especially during the first half, with the moving exercises. Some exercises I just can't do, such as Right Angle Pose & Grab. Actually, I can do this with my left leg in front, but not when my right leg is in front. For some reason (old age? assymmetry?) I can grab my fingers on one side, but not on the other. It's the same in the shower: can you touch your fingertips of each hand to each other behind your back? I can on one side, but not the other. This is probably all too much information. I am becoming aware of my limitations and will attempt to work past them and improve.

Favourite move today: Crane. I balanced for the entire minute, only touching the floor briefly with a toe. A new record for me.

Hardest move today: Twisting Half Moon. Sweat dripping off my forehead onto my mat. Yuck.

No comments: