Thursday, March 26, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 5: Legs & Back

I should have listened to Tony today when he advised to beware of Eric: he's all gristle and will put the hurt on. "Eric, Shmeric", I laugh. I'll put the hurt on him. Well, wrong.

Halfway through the workout I was really bagged. Right at the start, the one leg lunges were extremely tough (using 10 lb weights). I was going really deep into the lunge, foot flat on top of my chair, really exaggerated lunge pose. After 25 reps, my glutes were killing me. I couldn't wait for the break. The sideways lunges were also tough, especially "exploding up" to the upright position. I ended up pausing the tape at the break for a longer rest period and then paused again later on, with about 16 minutes to go. That was personally disappointing. I usually do well during this workout because my legs are in decent shape, but today was just a bit of an off-day. I still managed to post respectable numbers, but perhaps my mind wasn't quite right (apologies to Strother Martin).

Favourite move today: calf raises.

Toughest move today: single leg wall squats

No comments: