Friday, June 11, 2010

Round 6: Day 20: Insanity: Cardio Power and Resistance

It's been a strong finish to Week 3. Yesterday, I didn't particularly feel like riding my bicycle to the office in the morning, nor riding back home after work, but I pushed through (literally), did it, and enjoyed myself. This morning, it took awhile for me to turn over the old heart and get it going, and I even struggled a bit during the Insanity warmup. But by the time the regular workout commenced, I was ready to get at it, had my mind right, and put in a strong effort, completing the entire workout again without having to pause the DVD.

This workout is, at last, becoming a little easier for me to get through. I wouldn't say that I'm crushing it, but I'm reasonably competent at it. I'm going to keep doing the current selection of Insanity workouts through Phase 2, following which I'll re-evaluate my progress and perhaps try some other Insanity workouts (the 50 minute ones) during Phase 3, to make life a little more challenging.

It's been a great Week 3; challenging, to be sure, but really rewarding and satisfying. I'm feeling a little beaten up by this Phase, and I'm really looking forward to easing off a bit (but not too much) during next week's Recovery Week. Right now, I feel like I deserve to recover.

No comments: