Friday, June 4, 2010

Round 6: Day 13: Insanity: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Breakthrough day! For the first time, I managed to force my body to endure the entire Plyometric Cardio Circuit workout without pausing the DVD. The second series of circuits had been dogging me since I first started the Insanity workouts, at the start of Round 5. It took me this long to finally prevail. This is the same feeling I had when I was first able to complete the P90X Plyometrics workout without having to pause the DVD. There's a tremendous sense of satisfaction in knowing that you've made improvements in strength and endurance.

Having said that, I'm not ready to move on to the Max Plyometric DVD. I'm still struggling with the pushup / ski abs / in-out sequence. When I can do those competently for three circuits, then I'll be ready to move on. Alternatively, if I can grab the stone from the master's hand...(Kung Fu reference, for those too young to recall).

It's been a really tough week. It felt unrelenting every day, with the possible exception of yoga, which was welcome relief thrown into the middle. I'm really looking forward to taking a day off, then hitting Chest and Back hard, which is one of my favourite workouts.

Bring on Week 3!

No comments: