Monday, May 31, 2010

Round 6: Day 9: Insanity: Cardio Power and Resistance

I was really active yesterday and, as a result, wasn't sure how much energy I would have for this workout this morning. The point of all these workouts, of course, is to raise my energy level and train my body into shape for all the other things I want to do in life. The irony would be if working out hard prevented me from doing other activities. So, with that in mind, I tossed aside any feelings of fatigue this morning, jumped out of bed, checked on the baseball scores (although I'm Canadian, and enjoy hockey, baseball is my first love), and hit Insanity. Hard.

This workout has frustrated me so far in that I've never been able to complete it without pausing the DVD. Until today. Usually, I find that I require extra breathing time between the circuit sets. Today, although I was fatigued by the running in plank position at the end of the first circuit, I had sufficient gas left in the tank to do the second circuit. I wouldn't say that everything was pretty, but I did manage to make my way through the workout. Now that I know it's possible (hey, it only took me 7 tries before I met with success!) I'm looking forward to further improvements.

Following the workout, I rode my bicycle to the office. I still don't feel weak-kneed. So far, Week 2 continues to impress.

No comments: