Monday, May 31, 2010

Round 6: Day 8: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

It always takes me some time to complete this workout, as I find the pace is too quick to race through it without pausing the DVD. That posed some challenges today, as I had to complete the workout by a certain time, then race out of the house for a community event. That meant waking up early (on a Sunday!) and really focussing on the task at hand.

Every time I do a P90X workout, I appreciate that the system is designed to record information. A lot of time elapses between my P90X workouts now, due to the great variation I have in my schedule, so there's no way I would be able to recall my results over a four week span, had I not written them down. Fortunately, I've been meticulous about keeping track of my workouts, so it's easy to pick up again where I left off. I frequently make notes to myself, advising that weights should be increased, or decreased, or whether an exercise was too difficult using a specific weight, or even tips about body position and form. That has really helped to make exercises beneficial and safe.

I did manage to get through the workout pretty much according to schedule. I struggled through the one arm balance push-ups. This is not normally a difficult exercise, if done when you have strength in your body. Coming at the end of this workout, however, this exercise becomes very tough. My arms shake like crazy when I'm balancing on them, and balance really does become an issue. The last exercise, alternating cross body punches, was extremely difficult, as I decided to increase my weights over the previous time. I stopped when I felt that one more lift would result in a weight landing on my face.

Great start to Week 2.

No comments: