Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Round 6: Day 10: Back and Biceps

I'm a little tired. Not sick and tired, just tired. It's been hot and humid here in sunny Toronto recently, and several days of that can suck the energy out of you, no matter how much you're staying in the shade (which I'm doing) and regardless of the volume of water you drink (I've been drinking plenty). Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I live for this weather. It can be a long winter here, and I look forward to being outside and being as active as possible. These days are fleeting (that's a metaphor for life, folks) and one must take advantage of one's opportunity to live.

So, in the spirit of extending life, I got around to Back and Biceps today (following a review of the baseball scores and highlights, of course - one must have priorities in life). The DVD features a good-natured group who enjoys Tony's banter and company and there's a bit of wit throughout. That doesn't mean that the kids aren't working out hard - they are - but it shows that a workout doesn't have to be all sweat, brow-furrowing and grit. There should be opportunities to kid around, relax a bit, and enjoy. The result is that this is an enjoyable workout which also motivates.

This workout is different from Just Arms in that it includes back exercises. Also, I find the pace of this workout to be brisker than Just Arms, so I find myself a little more exerted (and sweaty) during Back and Biceps. As always, I have my workout sheet to guide me, and I was pleased to see that I was able to increase the weights on some of the exercises, with a resultant decrease in repetitions, in some cases. In one exercise, I was not able to match the number of repetitions from the previous workout. C'est la vie. I'm not the same person I was several weeks ago, so I guess my results shouldn't always be identical. Moods change, the body changes, the temperature changes; there are lots of variables at play.

Nice workout, and so far, Week 2 is rolling along well.


No comments: