Friday, May 7, 2010

Round 5: Day 83: Insanity: Fit Test

The time has finally come during this Round to see whether I've shown any improvements in Insanity, by doing the Fit Test again. I've only done this test once, at the beginning of the Round, and although I was fairly certain that I've improved in my overall fitness, I was still somewhat apprehensive about taking the Fit Test. I wasn't worried about actually being able to do the various exercises, as they're all exercises incorporated into the Insanity workouts; rather, it was whether I'd show reasonable measurable improvement.

As always, it seems as though I worry needlessly. My first test, Switch Kicks, I actually decreased in number, but only by a few. That may be because when I first took the test, I wasn't executing the exercise quite correctly. Alternatively, this test is just a killer. At any rate, I'm not going to get worked up over a decrease of about 1%. All other exercises saw improvements, specifically in Power Jumps and in Push-Up Jacks. Numbers are summarized below:

Exercise               Fit Test 1     Fit Test 2
Switch Kicks           126          123
Power Jacks            47            51
Power Knees           90            100
Power Jumps           31            48
Globe Jumps            7             11
Suicide Jumps         17            19
Push-Up Jacks         25            35
Low Plank Oblique    60            68*

(*The Low Plank Oblique numbers are total knees to shoulder moves. Today I did 34 each side, for a total of 68.)

Overall, I'm pleased with the improvements. I'll continue doing Insanity twice a week for the next Round, and measure my progress again at the end of the next Round. There doesn't seem to be much sense in doing the Fit Test again in a couple of weeks, when I can really push myself with a regular Insanity workout.

This ends Week 12. It was a great week, and a nice end to an intense round. I'll take next week as a Recovery Week, re-evaluate my goals and objectives, and create a new hybrid schedule for Round 6, which should begin in a week or two.

No comments: