Monday, May 3, 2010

Round 5: Day 79: Insanity: Pure Cardio

Back to the asylum for a little Insanity. Like yesterday's workout, I'd have to say that (so far) Pure Cardio is my favourite Insanity workout, for the simple reason that it's the only Insanity workout I can complete without pausing the DVD. It's not hard to please me, just make a workout easy enough for me to do it.

That's not to say that this workout is easy. I still find the frog jumps burn my quads, and the final two exercises (suicide jumps and push-up jacks) drain what strength was left in your body. At the end of the workout, I'm a quivering mass of formless jelly. I can't even pat myself on the back for the job well done.

Then, following a shower, I hop on my bike and ride down to the office. It's a good thing the ride is all downhill (the story of my life).

Again, like yesterday, I suffered no ill effects from this workout. My lower back held up admirably, exhibiting no pain or discomfort whatsoever, and I had sufficient energy to really push myself throughout the workout. A splendid time was had by all.

I'm looking forward to the Fit Test on Friday, to monitor this Round's progress.

No comments: