Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Round 5: Day 81: Yoga

An aside: I rather dislike the last serving from the bottom of a yogurt container. The texture of the yogurt seems to be much thicker and gelatinous, regardless of how much stirring and blending you do. On the other hand, there's nothing like the first serving from a freshly opened yogurt container. Smooth, creamy, well blended, refreshing, and extra tasty. Just my thoughts following this morning's breakfast.

But prior to that, I engaged in a little yoga. My body has pretty much recovered from last week's tweak, although I still feel a little stiffness in my lower back on the left side. It's noticeable when I bend over at the waist at the start of the workout, also during split leg hamstring stretches with the left leg in front, and again during seated hamstring stretches with the left leg forward. I'm definitely starting to improve in my flexibility in that area, but it's not yet where I was a few weeks ago. Patience and continued stretching will have me back to normal in a few more weeks, I suspect.

In that vein, today's workout was Patience Yoga. Since Tony is largely silent during the workout (uncharacteristically so) I found that I was behind in the motions several times throughout the DVD, and accidentally held a pose for longer than Tony. No matter. There's no panic in yoga. Only the rhythmic motion of your body and deep breathing.

Namaste.

No comments: