Sunday, December 13, 2009

Round 4: Day 57: 30-15 / Killer Abs

30 - 15

I love this workout. It's similar to Chest and Back in P90X, but ramped up in intensity. It's so simple and straightforward: just pushing and pulling, every exercise using body weight. I start out strong, then slowly deplete in energy throughout the course of the workout until, at the end, I can't lift my body up anymore. Even washing up after the workout was tough. I couldn't really move my arms. I had to soap up, and move my head to my hands. Not pretty, but rewarding in its own right.

I think I might have it in me to do a few more repetitions of the staggered hands chataranga pushups. I'll make sure to leave a note to self for the next workout.

Killer Abs

I busted out Killer Abs around 5:30PM. I'm still finding the Ab Ripper moves more difficult than the ARX moves, but I am starting to become accustomed to Ab Ripper. Still, during the 2nd and 3rd moves, my obliques are really crunched, unlike oblique V-ups. I've heard negative things about crunches over the past few months with respect to toning abs, but I'm Old School: I still like to feel the burn.

It's a great start to Week 9 - so far.

No comments: