Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Round 4: Day 60: Yoga

Hey, Day 60 already. That's a nice round number, and, not-so-coincidentally, two-thirds of the way through this Round. Nice job - so far.

Considering that my arms were still sore from yesterday's workout, and even typing is now a painful experience, I was extremely grateful for yoga this morning. To say that I needed to work out the kinks is a serious understatement. The upward and downward dogs and the gentle swaying motion between them went some way to soothing me. What really got me were the Crescent poses, specifically in stretching out my hip flexors. It seems odd to me that the seemingly benign Crescent pose, which is probably one of the most basic poses that's in the routine, is so therapeutic for me. I never really took it too seriously during Yoga X, but Tony puts a certain emphasis on it in the Fountain of Youth workout which has me looking at it in a completely different light. I feel the same about the Warrior poses: Warrior 1 stretches the hips, Warrior 2 the inner thighs, and I get a terrific side stretch out of Warrior 3.

As always, an excellent workout today. As previously mentioned, I immediately stopped the DVD after the workout, turned off the tele, and did Shavasana for about a minute or so. It's a great way to complete the workout.

Namaste.

No comments: