Monday, December 14, 2009

Round 4: Day 58: Cardio Intervals

I know, I know. I said the last time I did this exercise that I would not do it again without pairing it with another cardio workout. Well, I woke up this morning and didn't feel like pairing it with another cardio workout, so I did Cardio Intervals in isolation. And you know what? I should have paired it with another cardio workout. The only upside to not doing so is that the workout ran (no pun intended) for only 40 minutes. And that's a beautiful thing.

There's not much to be said here that hasn't been mentioned before. I don't get much of a heart pump from this workout. Tony seems to be huffing and puffing, but cardio isn't really his thing. As I was doing the workout, I was thinking ahead to next summer (and it's not even officially winter yet!) mentally assembling a cardio workout to do by the lake, without any equipment. That's the beauty of this workout: no equipment necessary. Between this workout, Plyo Legs, Super Cardio and Plyometrics, I could put together a killer leg/cardio workout without the need for any equipment. That would be a nice thing to bring lakeside during a cool early summer morning.

My son had a fever yesterday, and we all fear that it could be H1N1. We're not too worried about him as he is in good shape, but we're keeping an eye on him to make sure that he gets plenty of rest and fluids and keeps his immune system charged. Personally, I'm a little nervous about getting sick, but I hope that healthy eating and regular exercise will stand me in good stead. We'll see over the course of the next week.

No comments: