Friday, December 18, 2009

Round 4: Day 62: Super Cardio

My glutes are still killing me from yesterday's Legs & Back workout. When I woke up this morning, I could barely creak my way downstairs to get to the DVD player. A special gold star goes to me today for simply pressing PLAY. Even leaning down to load the DVD player was painful. So, I took an extra long time warming up and put on my game face, realizing that this was going to be one of those workouts where every move would be excruciating and each move would be crossed off a mental check-list, making the end of the workout ever closer.

The first three moves weren't pretty, but I got them done. The second set went a little smoother; the third was just ugly. Duck and Cover the third time around had my thighs burning and my heart pumping. I suppose I could have modified a bit, inserting a step move instead of a jump, but that's not the kind of person I am. I'll admit that this was a very tough workout today (Kenpo moves notwithstanding) and I was really happy when it was over. I'm still feeling gluteal discomfort as I write this blog.

The only relief came with the third round of moves, the Kenpo moves. I've been quite critical of this section in the past, but extremely grateful for it today. And to think that I once scoffed at the notion of doing the One on One videos in isolation, suggesting that the workouts be doubled up. Silly me. Obviously, those lofty thoughts did not come a day after Legs & Back.

I missed a few ab workouts this week, due to a more hectic business schedule and a lack of energy (or was it a lack of enthusiasm?). I have three additional ab workouts now to make up. I'll get to it, I promise.

That's the painful end of Week 9. Bring on Week 10.

No comments: