Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Round 4: Day 59: Just Arms

At some point during the workout, Tony winces "Sleeves of pain", and you know exactly what he' talking about. This is a fantastic workout which works just the arms (hence, the moniker) and by the end of the workout, even brushing my teeth was a difficult task.

This workout exposes my weaknesses, specifically, my left arm. There's no doubt that my left arm is weaker than my right. It's noticeable on both the curl and tricep exercises. Perhaps my two forearms are of equal strength, but not the other arm muscles. I'm almost at the point where I'd use dumbbells of two different weights during the same exercise, but I'm a fan of symmetry during workouts, so I don't. This is where using dumbbells is distinctly different from using resistance bands. The bands generally gave me the feeling that both arms were essentially of the same strength. The dumbbells show otherwise. My left arm falls behind. I'm starting to notice that during pushups as well. I'm going to focus a little more on form to see whether I can rectify this situation.

I really enjoy this workout. It's fun, challenging and engaging. Tony is in good humour and it's nice to see what kind of weight he's using during the various exercises. I get a tremendous pump in my arms, and my body feels nice and tired (in a good way) by the end of the session.

No comments: