Thursday, December 17, 2009

Round 4: Day 61: Legs & Back

I was thinking last night that I should make a greater effort during my workouts. They've been a little bit stale lately, with weights and reps not moving too much in a good direction, so I think it's time for a little extra effort on my part to keep my body changing.

With that in mind, I tackled Legs and Back this morning. My added intensity allowed me to breeze through the program without any pause, and it was one of the better workouts I've had in awhile. Don't get me wrong: when I say "breeze", I meant that I managed to complete the entire workout successfully, satisfying my objectives. By no means did I find it easy. In fact, I had a tremendous leg shake afterwards, clearly indicating that I had hit the target area.

I still find wall squats (of any variety) difficult. It's strange that I can survive the 3-minute wall squat during Plyo Legs, but find the 1.5-minute wall squat during Legs and Back a greater challenge. It must be due to the order of the exercises, because I can't see any other compelling reason for the greater challenger during the shorter time span.

There is still room to ratchet up the intensity of this workout: I can increase my weights. I used 15 lb dumbbells during calf raises and really felt it; 20 lbs would be better. I'm going to do that the next time I pursue this workout.

No comments: