Friday, December 11, 2009

Round 4: Day 55: Yoga

Yoga is a nice way to wrap up Recovery Week. There's not much to be said about the benefits of yoga that hasn't already been cheerfully related in previous entries. My daughter noticed that today's workout (Fountain of Youth from the One on One with Tony Horton series) didn't finish up with Shavasana. True enough, and an egregious oversight, in my humble opinion. From now on, whenever I happen to be doing this workout, I will finish up with Shavasana. There's something about that pose (lying on the back, completely relaxed, mind empty, enjoying the present moment) that mentally and physically wraps up a good yoga session. I suppose that Tony didn't include it in the workout because he was running a little behind the clock, already having extended a 40-minute session into a 47-minute session. I guess he felt that one more minute would have been too much.

I still have one more abdominal workout to make up from last week; perhaps I'll be able to do it later this afternoon.

This ends Recovery Week. I'll get my son to take the traditional photos of me on Sunday, being a poser. I'm looking forward to pounding the weights again next week, when Week 9 commences.

Namaste.

No comments: