Sunday, December 6, 2009

Round 4: Day 50: Yoga / Ab Ripper X

Day 50 has a nice sound to it. After a week of mediocre performance, I was looking forward to a stronger attitude this week. Unfortunately, this week is Recovery Week, and, although the DVDs have the "Bring It" reminder, yoga doesn't really fall into that category, as I am mostly contemplative, and focussed on stretching, clearing my mind and breathing. Nevertheless, it was a good workout. I felt a little tight in my lower back on my left side yesterday, and, as a result, was looking forward to today's stretches, hoping for some small measure of relief. Wish granted. Following yoga, and to this point in the day, my back feels completely fine, with no traces of residual soreness or pain remaining.

Since I missed my ab workouts last week, I decided to make them up this week, in spite of Recovery Week. Last Friday (Day 48) I did Killer Abs upon my return home from the office; today, I just completed Ab Ripper X, done in concert to classic rock tunes playing from my nearby computer. There's a great way to take your mind off your stomach. With two make-up workouts now complete, I only have one remaining, which I'll take care of on Tuesday.

Namaste.

No comments: