Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Round 4: Day 52: Super Cardio

This being Recovery Week, I decided not to up the ante by doubling up Super Cardio with another cardio workout. At first, that seemed like a good idea; following the workout, I realized that I didn't push myself hard enough. I'm still suffering from the last round of this workout comprising Kenpo moves, which allow my heart rate to drop and my body to cool off prior to completing the workout. That is the great shortcoming of this workout.

I should probably use Interval X Plus more frequently. The problem with that is that I've come to enjoy the variety that my current program offers and don't really want to do some workouts more frequently. That's starting to drive a decision to purchase the Insanity workout. I'm afraid of Insanity; I hear that it's about the toughest cardio workout around. I'm afraid that I won't be able to do it. On the other hand, I was also afraid of the P90X videos, then the P90X Plus workouts, then the One on One workouts. It's probably just fear of the unknown. If I want to take my fitness to the next level, perhaps I should be giving Insanity further investigation and eventually take the plunge. I have a number of weeks left in this Round to ponder my decision.

No comments: