Monday, December 7, 2009

Round 4: Day 51: Core Synergystics

Core Synergystics is usually a difficult workout for me. There are a number of exercises which are relatively easy, but there are some combinations which are very challenging.

I blew through the exercises today and felt strong during most of them. The most challenging sequence begins with Prison Cell Push-ups and ends with Walking Push-ups. Specifically, my nemesis is Chataranga Run followed by Walking Push-ups. I did both without pause and, although the walking pushups were a challenge, I continually told myself that anything can be done for 30 seconds, and persevered. The sweat dripped from my forehead onto the wooden floor (I hope that's not too much information) and my core was tight and on fire, but I survived the ordeal and emerged stronger for having pushed through it. After that sequence, the rest of the workout is relatively easy.

I don't recall Core Synergystics being quite this easy before. It's another sign that my body (and core) is becoming stronger. It's nice to compare and contrast my current experiences with those of a year ago and enjoy the satisfaction of how far I've progressed.

No comments: