Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Round 4: Day 53: X Stretch

While definitely not my favourite workout, X Stretch is nevertheless an important component of Recovery Week. I never break a sweat, which is a nice break in itself, and I do admire the organized way in which stretches are employed: you stretch all your body parts (use your imagination) starting from the head and moving downward to the toes.

For some reason, Phil, standing to the rear in the video, is not my favourite participant. He's very limber, but Tony has him modifying many of the moves. Also, he seems to have attitude. Perhaps I just have an attitude about him.

Also, the music during this workout reminds me of an outdoor skating rink during the 1960s. The use of light, pop-like organ tunes is a combination of amusing and annoying. I didn't check to see whether there is the option of playing the DVD without the music, but I'll definitely be looking for that option the next time I use this workout.

In all, the workout was effective: I got a good stretch and I now feel relaxed.

No comments: