Friday, July 31, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 27: Yoga

I really needed Yoga (Fountain of Youth) today, following yesterday's Legs and Back workout. My legs felt like tightly wound springs when I woke up, even though I had engaged in a little extra stretching last night, fearing the worst. The little extra stretching should have been a lot of extra stretching, because when I bent forwards, my hands couldn't even reach the mat. It took multiple attempts of bending and stretching before I was successful in that respect. Also, the first vinyasa couldn't have been pretty. I felt stiffness in my shoulders and wrists, and it wasn't until the 3rd or 4th vinyasa that I started to feel more relaxed and flexible. Now I understand why Yoga is such a critical part of this program.

I worked up a great sweat today, possibly too much, as my hands were prone to slipping off my mat towards the end of the workout. I really enjoy this workout, but do miss some of the moves found in Yoga X. I keep promising that I'll get back to Yoga X, but never seem to live up to my word. Perhaps next week.

This ends Week 4, Recovery Week. Next, the middle innings, where the game is usually won or lost. Hopefully, I'll come back with more intensity than ever, and make a difference.

No comments: