Monday, July 27, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 23: Core Synergistics

I was sore from yesterday's workout. That's not a feeling I've had in some time. I've been tired, or a bit worn following a P90X Plus workout, but not SORE, like the early days of P90X. Specifically, my triceps are feeling the love from yesterday. This is really giving me second thoughts about P90X Plus. Perhaps it's the full hour workout instead of 40 minutes, perhaps its that there's more specific focus on parts of the body in Chest/Shoulders/Triceps vs. Upper Plus. I don't think that I'm Bringing It more in the CST that I am in the Plus workouts. By now, I have a pretty good understanding of how to push my body. I just think that the P90X workouts are more intense.

Today was Core Synergistics, not particularly one of my favourite P90X workouts. I bravely soldiered through it, not pausing once. I'm not sure I've ever done that before, especially considering this workout packs a tremendous punch with plank to chatagranga immediately followed by walking pushups. Those two alone are killers. By the end of the workout, I was completely drenched in sweat. I don't know whether that's the summer heat (doubt it, considering the temperature was an unseasonal 21°C), not being in the best shape (possible, but I'd like to think not), or the result of really Bringing It (I'd pick the latter, if given the choice).

I'm going to follow the recovery week workouts closely, and consider whether I should be changing my routine. I don't want to lose the gains made during 2 rounds of P90X; on the other hand, I've been enjoying the shorter workouts. On the other hand, I don't particularly enjoy doing Upper Plus twice weekly; on the other hand, I don't like seeing how difficult the P90X workouts are when I'm supposed to be in such great shape from doing P90X Plus. Perhaps I'll consult some of my colleagues on the Internet, and see whether they felt the same way.

No comments: