Monday, July 27, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 22: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps

I fell off the nutrition bandwagon a bit on Saturday, eating 1/2 a piece of home-made apple pie. It's the first dessert I've had in months and I didn't even feel like eating it, but I was at my wife's boss' house, and my wife had forewarned me that not eating dessert would be interpreted as a slight to our gracious host. So, the piehole opened, and the pie went in. I also consumed 3 glasses of wine. The next morning, I didn't feel too well. I recall reading a note on Tony Horton's blog a few months ago about putting crap into your body, then feeling regret. The solution? Don't put crap into your body. Lesson learned. The other lesson learned is that if you've had an off-night, or an off-day, or an off-week, don't sit around moaning about it. Get up off your duff, get back into your workouts, press play, and Bring It. So, that's what I did.

Chest / Shoulders and Triceps. It's been several weeks (about 6, I believe) since I last did this workout. I was a little surprised to see standard P90X workouts comprising the Recovery Week. It doesn't look like there's going to be much recovering going on this week, with the lineup of murderous workouts Tony has in store for me. This workout has always been the most difficult for me, usually taking about 1h 20min to complete, as I have to take numerous breaks between exercises to catch my breath. Today was no different. The exercises, for the most part, were as difficult as they've ever been. I was a bit disappointed, considering that I've been doing P90X PLUS for a few weeks, but I think I suspected that the Plus is not quite as intensive as standard P90X, so I suppose that I'm not completely surprised to see that the old P90X workout is still really challenging.

I was so tired after CST, that I didn't have the energy to do ARX later in the day. Not impressive but, listen to your body.

No comments: