Wednesday, July 29, 2009

P90X+: Round 3: Day 25: X Stretch

Again, from the intensity of the regular P90X workouts, I felt sore and stiff today. X Stretch was on the menu, and it couldn't have come at a better time. I didn't really feel like sweating up a storm, or jumping and leaping, or pushing and pulling, so X Stretch was perfect for my mood. It was a nice, easy hour of gentle stretching and I felt really relaxed afterwards. Tomorrow, I'll get back to being Johnny Intense, with Legs and Back.

The feeling I had today about working out (actually, the feeling that I've had over the past little while about not working out) is assisting me in making a decision about my next BeachBody purchase: One on One with Tony Horton, or Insanity with Shaun T. Having watched some of the Insanity previews on YouTube, I'm not sure whether I'm sufficiently ready for a cardio-intensive workout like that. I'm not sure I can hack it. Actually, it scares me, especially when you've got to press play every day for 6 days in a row. The P90X workouts alternate between cardio and resistance; Insanity is pretty much all cardio. I'll monitor the Insanity workouts for awhile before finalizing my decision, but right now, I'm leaning towards One on One. Besides, I have a pretty nice relationship with Tony right now. Going over to Shaun T feels a little like infidelity.

No comments: