Friday, May 15, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 55: Yoga X

Up at 6:00AM, bounded downstairs and plunked in the Yoga disc. I was looking forward to yoga today because I felt a little stiffness in my right shoulder and the right side of my back. I may have been a little too intense yesterday on some of the core exercises where weights are involved, and perhaps gave my back and shoulder a small tweak. I felt that yoga might stretch that out.

The upward dog and plank positions felt really good today. I felt that my arms and trunk were really strong. It's been more difficult to recognize changes in my body during this round of P90X, as change has not been nearly as dramatic as during Round 1, but I think that overall, my body is still losing some fat, gaining some muscle and becoming more toned. I'm noticing that my clothes are hanging rather loosely, a sign that, although the scale may not indicate change, change is still there, nevertheless.

Again, I was surprised at how quickly the workout went. I worked up a tremendous sweat during the moving options, depositing drips all over my mat (how disgusting!) and my back was soaked. I diligently observed form during Yoga Belly 7, and felt an abdominal crunch that I haven't felt in awhile.

Another minor success story: I managed to hold Wheel for 27 seconds. A new record. I'm hoping that by the end of Round 2, I can hold Wheel for the entire 1:05. There's still room for improvement.

Favourite move today: right-angle pose with grab. Held my fingers tight, breathed and felt great.

Toughest move today: half-moon / twisting half-moon. I lost my balance when I looked up at the ceiling. That's unusual.

Tony line of the day: "The thing about yoga is, it focusses on your weak spots." How true that is, especially today.

End of week 8. Next up: Phase 3, starting Sunday, with a new set of photos. Bring It!

No comments: