Monday, May 11, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 51: Core Synergistics

Core Synergistics is not my favourite workout, especially on Monday mornings. I can't quite put my finger on why I'm not crazy about this, but I put my head down, grind it out, do my best, and forget the rest.

Even though I'm not wild about the exercises, I do work hard at them and, over time, have noticed that I have improved in a number of them. My numbers have gone up in stack-leg pushups, sphinx pushups, prison cell pushups, dreya rolls, one-arm balance pushups, and walking plank. I'm pleased to see progress and success, although I'd be happier if I looked forward to the workout. Obviously, I need to work on an attitude adjustment.

I do like the design of the workout, and it does raise a good sweat in me. I especially like that plank to chaturanga run is immediately followed by walking plank pushups. That really puts a good strain on my core, and the last 30 seconds of the walking pushups are really tough for me. Overall, I get a good workout from this routine.

Favourite move today: walking plank pushups. Walked for the full minute. This was a victory of the mind over the body. I told myself I could do this, and I did.

Toughest move today: prison cell pushups. I ground this out over the entire time period, but really struggled with the last few. I didn't give up, though. Minor victory.

Tony line of the day: "I'm a fan of straight lines. You should see my closet at home."

No comments: