Wednesday, May 13, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 53: X Stretch

Today's workout is akin to the recovery day in the middle of recovery week. The entire workout is like an expanded warm-up exercise, consisting of yoga moves (minus yoga belly 7), arm moves, leg stretches, spinal twists, head rolls, and deep breathing. There's no sweat involved here.

During my shower following the workout, I was thinking about how well designed this workout is. It deals with every part of the body in a slow, methodical way. I couldn't think of one body element that was omitted. There are several stretches for everything: neck, shoulder, tricep, forearm, fingers, sides, back, spine, quads, hamstrings, calves and ankles. It felt as though I had just had a total body massage. I only do this workout when scheduled during a recovery week; I don't do it on day 7 of a standard week. As a result, I only do this workout 3 times during an entire round of P90X. Although I find it to be a really easy workout, it still felt great.

Favourite move today: split leg hamstring stretch.

Toughest move today: shoulder stand to plough. Tough on the spine. I can do this in yoga, after I've done a number of poses for awhile; doing this pose during this workout was difficult, because my body wasn't really sufficiently warmed up.

Tony line of the day: "Look at Shauna...freak of nature...it's a beautiful thing."

No comments: