Tuesday, May 5, 2009

P90X Round 2, Day 45: Ab Ripper X

I've been finding the first few exercises in this workout difficult to get through recently, and today was no exception (Day 45 notwithstanding). I'm feeling the burn during the in-and-outs, bicycles, and crunchy frog. It's not until the cross-legged sit-ups that I start to gain momentum. This really is a hate-love relationship, even this far into Round 2 of P90X.

Starting with the cross-legged sit-ups, the workout went well. I managed to endure the fifer scissor/hip rock 'n' raise/pulse-up sequence, which really pounds me. After that sequence, I find the rest of the exercises pretty straightforward and fairly easy to complete. Overall, a pretty good workout, although I can feel the burn at the end, especially when I strike the cobra pose. When in cobra, I can feel my abdominal muscles really stretching out.

Favourite move today: cross-legged sit-ups. What a relief to have completed the first 4 exercises in the workout, and I really focussed on form during this exercise.

Toughest move today: for what seems like the umpteenth time, reverse bicycles. I'm looking forward to this becoming easier one day.

Tony line of the day: "Hit my hands! Hit my HANDS!"

No comments: