Friday, May 1, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 41: Kenpo X

Kenpo X closes out Round 2, Week 6. I think that taking the homemade recovery brew is working, as I didn't feel too stiff this morning. That means that I didn't push myself too hard yesterday during Legs and Back, I'm in better shape than I used to be, the recovery drink is working, or some combination of the three. I'd like to believe that it's items 2 and 3, rather than item 1. I'm pretty sure I brought it yesterday during Legs and Back.

I've been reading a lot of negative comments about Wesley Idol recently on a P90X Facebook group site, in that he's uninspiring, doesn't work hard, doesn't take the workout seriously, and so on. I have to admit, that I don't like the smirk on his face during some of the exercises and I find him a bit off-putting, but having seen him on the "Making of P90X" videos, I'm sure he's an expert instructor in his field. Nevertheless, I do feel that he's dogging it a bit in Kenpo X. To maintain my focus, I'm watching the others on the tape: Tony, Tony 2 and Vanessa. Tony Lattimore, in particular, has tremendous intensity and uses great form for me to emulate. I also love the look on Tony Horton's face during the vertical punch sequence. He's totally absorbed. So am I.

Favourite move today: Claw/Hammer. I just like the mechanics of this move. And I like clawing the air.

Toughest move today: front knee/back leg kick combination. A bit sloppy on the back leg kicks.

Tony line of the day: "This isn't a horse stance. This is just standing up." (blocks)

Looking forward to week 7. I'm almost halfway through the program, can't believe how quickly it's gone, and how much the daily workouts have become integrated in to my life. Good times, good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to know Mr. Idol. He's a very happy kind of guy. It isn't that he isn't serious...trust me he takes his Kenpo VERY seriously. It is just that his philosophy on life leads him to being a very centered and happy man. If you know Kenpo, you can watch his foot placements...his hand work and his movements to see that he really is being very precise and very relaxed in his Kenpo. Having studied under him, I know his work ethics (and how hard he pushes students) and his personality.