Friday, May 1, 2009

P90X: Round 2: Day 40: Ab Ripper X

I was somewhat tired when I returned from the office for a round of ARX. I actually had a moment of hesitation and personal weakness heading up the stairs to my front porch where I considered skipping the workout and making it up later. Fortunately, the moment of temporary insanity passed, allowing me to slip into another moment of temporary insanity, aka, ARX.

Sometimes, it takes a few exercises to get my head into the game. Today, it wasn't until I did the cross-legged sit-ups that I really got into the swing of things. It's not as though I was dogging it on the first few moves (I wasn't), it's just that I didn't really catch my wind and gather momentum until those sit-ups. I've been doing the cross-leg version for quite some time now, in an attempt to make things harder for myself. I'm trying the more advanced position on most of the moves: cross-leg sit-ups, knees up in the air on leg climbs, bonus reps on mason twists; just about everything, except putting my hands in the air on in-and-outs and bicycles. I tried that a few times, but really lost my form and balance. It's a challenge I still want to meet. Imagine: all this time doing ARX, and I have yet to master it. That's what I really like about P90X; even as you improve, there's yet more you can do to improve.

Favourite move today: mason twists. Had my legs straight out for awhile, before bending my knees a bit.

Toughest move today: backward bicycles. Felt the burn, yet again.

Tony line of the day: "Oh, and a bonus. He's a madman." (VF rollups)

No comments: