Tuesday, December 18, 2012

P90X: Day 38: Back and Biceps

I had a bit of a late start this morning, so I contemplated moving the workout to the evening or even skipping it entirely. But, I put in the DVD, promised not to take any breaks or pauses, and hit play.

Bicep exercises are not my specialty. I'm better at pushing exercises, like pushups, than pulling exercises, like curls. Keeping previous worksheets adjacent to my current worksheet, I was able to help fine-tune my goals for weight and for repetitions, and managed to make modest improvements over last week's efforts. The workout moves very quickly, and I sometimes only barely have time to record my results from the previous exercise and select the appropriate weight for the next exercise before finding that Tony has already started the next move. The workout keeps you on your toes and there's never really time to catch your breath unless you pause the DVD. It made for a good sweat and a great muscle burn.

No comments: