Sunday, December 16, 2012

P90X: Day 36: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

It's amazing what rest can do for the body. I was completely wiped on Friday, barely making it through the workday, walking home (40 minute walk), entertaining guests for supper, then crashing into bed. I was completely knocked out and slept for a solid 11 hours. Then on Saturday night, I managed to squeeze in 9 hours of sleep. Waking up this morning, I felt really refreshed and ready to attack my workout.

My wife has a nice, fully equipped gym at her office and she suggested we work out there this morning. I don't often have the opportunity to take my workouts out of my house, so I welcomed the change of scenery. There weren't many people in the gym, and they were all quiet and serious, so there wasn't any waiting for equipment or any distractions. I took my workout sheet, made a promise to myself not to rest between moves, and headed into the workout.

It went pretty well. I was able to increase my weights on some exercises, but decreased my reps. By the end of the workout, I couldn't lift my arms. I'd call that a successful start to the week.

No comments: