Monday, December 17, 2012

P90X: Day 37: Plyometrics

After today's workout, I'm back to flip-flopping on the idea of my body becoming accustomed to the stresses imposed by the P90X regimen. Plyo is definitely becoming easier and, while I think I'm in decent shape, I don't think that I'm improving that much. rather, it's more likely that my body is adapting to the routines. It's like running: improvements can be attributed to developing a more minimal and economical running style through practice and repetition. I'm not putting down the program; on the contrary, I'm marveling at the human body.

Anyhow, Plyometrics today was a joy. I've been playing the DVD with the music off, so I only listen to Tony, and I've been finding the experience to be more enjoyable, as I didn't really find the music to that motivational. I seem to go into some sort of a trance, tuning out any sense of fatigue or pain, and just focus on breathing, squatting low and doing the moves. As its really early in the morning when I exercise and my mind is mushy anyway, this approach seems to work. Just shut off your mind and do as you're told. So far, so good.

No comments: