Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Round 6: Day 45: Diamond Delts

Halfway through the Round already, back from sunny (and stifling hot) Detroit, and ready to continue working out in sunny (and stifling hot) Toronto. The only reasonably cool place in the house is in my basement, precisely the location where I was working out this morning. I also have a small fan in the corner of the room to blow air in my general direction, which lends some relief from the heat.

Extreme heat like this (36°C) really drains my body of energy, so working out early in the morning is the best thing I can do. There's no way I'll have the energy necessary for a workout in the afternoon, following work. Even riding my bike into the office following the workout today was draining, and it's going to be a daunting task dealing with the all-uphill ride on the way home. Major water consumption will be the theme of the day today, and likely, over the course of the week, as we're expected to ride this heat wave for another few days.

The workout was tough to start with, but became a bit easier as it went on. I wasn't really in the proper frame of mind to start, but soon snapped to it, and moved quickly from one exercise to another. I even managed to complete my self-imposed bonus round of six exercises at the end.

Now, all I need to do is to find a friend with a pool, and to cozy up to an air conditioner. Stay cool, my friends!

No comments: