Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Round 5: Day 8: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

It seems as though the P90X workouts are becoming more difficult for me. Likely that is due to my revised approach to the resistance workouts: lift heavier weights for fewer repetitions. I have been paying careful attention to my numbers recently, and have been making notes to increase weight whenever possible. If my repetitions exceed 10, I increase my weight by 5 lbs. This approach has naturally resulted in increased fatigue during the workout; therefore, I find myself pausing the DVD more frequently. I don't consider that a sign of failure. My body just needs a little extra time to recover between exercises. Also, I'm using adjustable dumbbells, which, while the weight can be changed reasonably rapidly, it does take an extra few seconds, which sometimes puts me behind Tony and the kids.

I really enjoy this workout. There is a good variety of exercises, and I enjoy the workouts where each exercise is different, rather than circuit training, where exercises are repeated. Each has its benefits, but my preference is for different exercises.

Good start to Week 2.

No comments: