Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Round 5: Day 11: Yoga

My arms have been really sore this week from Chest Shoulders & Triceps and Back & Biceps. My legs have been feeling pain in strange places from the Insanity workouts. Solution? Yoga.

One basic, simple move took care of all my problems today: downward dog. I got a great shoulder and arm stretch, and a good calf stretch from my ankles to my knees. Pedalling the feet and increasing the range of motion gave me a bigger calf stretch, taking care of the kinks and aches from Insanity. Deep breathing helped to clear my mind. The rhythmic flow of the moves allowed me to stay in the moment, forget my cares, and leave work at the office.

As always, I can't believe how quickly the time passed. I was really focussed on what a particular stretch was supposed to accomplish, and by making subtle adjustments to posture, I achieved a deeper and more satisfying stretch than in previous workouts. I think I'm finally starting to understand what yoga is really all about.

Namaste.

No comments: