Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Round 5: Day 9: Insanity: Pure Cardio

I'm starting to get used to the Insanity warmup. It gets my heart moving nicely and gives me time to get my mind focussed on the workout to follow. I'm also starting to get used to the various moves that Shaun T. is putting me through. What I'm not used to is Shaun T. advising me that he's scared of this workout. That was a bit unnerving.

As it turned out, there was no need to be particularly scared of this workout. I still had to pause the DVD once, due to excessive huffing and puffing, but I think that in a short time, I will be able to do this workout without pausing. The move which I find most challenging is the jump kicks which occur near the start of the workout. I was not the only one finding this difficult: some of the DVD participants slowed down significantly, or stopped, which made me feel slightly better.

Because of all the pushups we do in P90X and One on One, the Level 2 moves (8 pushups, 8 feet pedals in plank position, jump up, repeat) are like a break to me. I am beginning to understand why people feel that the resistance exercises in the Insanity workouts are inadequate, which makes me feel better about my decision to schedule my workouts in a P90X manner, substituting Insanity for P90X or One on One during cardio days.

I had a great amount of energy all day following this workout. So far, so good.

No comments: