Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Round 5: Day 10: Back and Biceps

This is starting to feel like a P90X Phase 2 workout week: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Back and Biceps, punctuated by a cardio workout.

Like Day 8, when I did P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, today's workout included numerous unscheduled pauses for weight adjustment and recovery. I've been making good use of my information sheets. The last time I did this workout, I noted to myself that I should increase the weights on several exercises. I like when the past me posts a note to the future me. It's kind of like time travel (remember Back to the Future, part 2?). Anyhow, past me had some good advice to give. I really challenged myself today, sometimes barely squeaking out 8 reps on some exercises. I really felt a burn on the last three reps. Sometimes, I was just hopeful that I could do 8 reps.

The workout also continued to point out that my left arm is weaker than my right. There have been modest improvements, but it appears that my left arm still has some way to go. I'll be patient, knowing that improvements are going to be small and incremental, but they will eventually come.

Following the workout, my arms were so tired, I had real difficulty washing my face. It's nice to leave everything you've got in the workout room.

No comments: