Friday, January 22, 2010

Round 4: Day 90: Yoga

It was delayed by a week, but Day 90 has finally arrived, marking the official end of Round 4. As always, the Round wraps up with an invigorating session of yoga, focussing on the importance of stretching to improve strength, balance, coordination, and mental fitness.

This Round, I feel that I gained more muscle tone, lost a bit of fat, leaned out a bit, and made moderate improvements in strength. There's still more work to be done.

In preparing the schedule for Round 5, I've decided to stick with a hybrid of P90X, P90X+ and One on One with Tony Horton. I really enjoyed the variety that these three programs have to offer and, with some exceptions, no single workout is repeated too frequently for my taste. Round 5 will see an increase in intensity in cardio workouts, with Interval X + substituting for Cardio Intervals, as I felt that Cardio Intervals wasn't giving me the cardio burn I was looking for. As Tony says, "Do what makes you uncomfortable". In other words, I want to place myself just slightly out of my comfort zone to ensure that I continue to challenge my body to grow and change. Muscle confusion is the principle, after all.

I'm going to include Mammoth UML as part of Recovery Weeks. I'd like to pick up another ab workout (or two) because I'm getting tired of ARX. I might use 10 Minute Trainer Abs every now and then as a change of pace. I recall that I used to find that workout challenging, and I'd like to get back to it to see whether it remains so.

Lastly, I just purchased a heart rate monitor, to give me a better idea of whether I'm in the zone during cardio workouts. It should give me more information, which hopefully will be helpful as I continue my fitness journey.

Looking forward to Round 5.

Namaste.

No comments: