Thursday, January 21, 2010

Round 4: Day 89: Mammoth UML

Review of the archives reveals that I've only done this workout twice previously. That makes sense, as I didn't remember too much about it, other than Tony getting excited about a couple of things. He's relaxed and funny during this workout, which is one of the things I like best about Tony and about the One on One series in particular. There is also a change in focus in this workout: Tony doesn't make claims that this workout will increase your size; to the contrary, he clearly states that your objective when exercising away from your home or gym (without access to weights or equipment) is to maintain your condition. He demonstrates that it's possible, using only various pieces of furniture, body weight and gravity, to get a decent workout when on the road.

The workout consists of 6 sets of three exercises. Each set addresses the Upper (arms / shoulders), Middle (core) and Lower (legs). None of the exercises are particularly strenuous (with the exception of a bouncing, plyometric stiff-arm push-up move and jump-knee-tucks to end the workout) and the pacing is light and easy. Of course, one can always increase the intensity level by doing more repetitions, which is what I did during jump-knee-tucks, but it is Day 89 after all, and I should have some energy after all this time working out.

I really enjoy this workout. Although it's not as strenuous as Core Synergistics, I find it more enjoyable. I'm definitely keeping it as part of Recovery Week.

No comments: