Friday, January 8, 2010

Round 4: Day 83: Super Cardio

TGIF. I awoke at 6:15AM and took about 1/2 hour trying to psyche myself up to do this workout. I was still incredibly sore from yesterday's Legs & Back workout that I had tremendous difficulty trying to convince myself to get my body moving. I started with my own warmup, as I couldn't remember whether I liked Tony's warmup for this workout, and the first few moves of my warmup (running in place, knees up, then knees wide, then heels up, 30 seconds each, jumping jacks, lunges) went so poorly that I thought I actually couldn't get my body loose enough to work out.

It took a long time to get my mind right. I started the workout, and had difficulties with the first move, Duck and Cover. My quads were on fire and my glutes were screaming. The second move, Lunge and Jump (or something of that ilk) wasn't much better; my form was still off, my jumps minimal, and my arm motions questionable. I somehow managed to survive the first round. The second round went a little better, but the scoot runs lacked a bit of enthusiasm. The third round went well, because it has, by far, the easiest exercises of the entire workout.

Overall, not a great workout today, but a good example of showing up to push play, and slogging through the woes. This wasn't the way I wanted to finish Week 12, on a bit of a down note. I would have preferred to really dominate today's workout. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. Am I ever looking forward to sleeping tonight, taking a day off tomorrow, and crawling into Week 13, Recovery Week.

No comments: